Dem brauche ich gar nichts weiter hinzufügen:
If you don’t include altmetrics on your CV, you’re missing out in a big way.
There are many benefits to scholars and scholarship when altmetrics are embedded in a CV.
- provide additional information;
- de-emphasize inappropriate metrics;
- uncover the impact of just-published work;
- legitimize all types of scholarly products;
- recognize diverse impact flavors;
- reward effective efforts to facilitate reuse;
- encourage a focus on public engagement;
- facilitate qualitative exploration;
- empower publication choice; and
- spur innovation in research evaluation.
In this article, we’ll detail why these benefits are important to your career, and also recommend the ways you should–and shouldn’t–include altmetrics in your CV.